For over 50 years the University of Maine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond (formerly the Maine Conservation School) has strengthened the connection for people of all ages to the natural world with a combination of inspired outdoor fun, practical woods-wise skills, and hands-on conservation education. Helping young people learn to take care of our natural world and themselves when they are in it is our most important goal. Our programs are sponsored by various clubs, organizations, and individuals that believe in our mission.
Ways to support Bryant Pond 4-H!
- General gift fund: This fund helps us to ensure our organization is providing the best support for our programs and those we serve. Donations to this fund typically support equipment upgrades as well as programming supplies
- General Scholarship Funding: This unrestricted scholarship fund allows us to provide life-changing opportunities to campers who would otherwise not have the ability to experience camp. Camp is a place for students to develop new leadership skills, become more adventurous, and willing to try new things. We have a great need for scholarships not only for summer camp participants but also for our school programs. Continued cuts in school budgets are making it more and more difficult for schools to be able to experience leadership programs at Bryant Pond. Please give to the best of your ability, no gift is too big or too small.
- Boswell Scholarship Fund: This amazing fund was started by a prior participant and their family in hopes to ensure more campers have the opportunity to attend summer camp. Similar to the general scholarship fund above funds given to the Boswell fund will be allocated to summer camp participants choosing programs from our Primitive Path
- Facilities improvements: The Bryant Pond 4-H camps facilities Improvement fund allows us to make routine maintenance and upgrades as well as future major renovations to existing structures and build the new facilities needed to keep our campers happy and healthy. We are excited to have two major Capital projects on the horizon, a modern shower house as well as winterization of our Rogers Hall dining facility. Your support will help us make these projects a reality. Please consider a gift today!
- Maine 4-H Shooting Sports: Bryant Pond 4-H is Maine’s center for 4-H Shooting Sports. Beyond offering shooting sports activities and camp programs, we train instructors, provide equipment use, and offer support for all of Maine’s 4-H shooting programs. Donations will support camper scholarships, provide new equipment, and will support youth across the state. Camp programs are offered for archery, rifle, shotgun, and other disciplines.
- NorthStar Youth Mentoring Fund: “Give the Gift of Adventure”
Looking to support Bethel area students? Wish every kid had the chance to get outside, experience new places, and think seriously about their future?
NorthStar is a long-term youth mentoring program organized by the University of Maine Bryant Pond 4-H Center in close partnership with SAD#44 (Telstar). The goals of the NorthStar program are to expand students’ horizons, raise aspirations, build confidence and leadership skills, and foster resilience. NorthStar offers single and multi-day experiences for cohort members focusing on community engagement and service, outdoor adventure and leadership, and cross-cultural opportunities. NorthStar encourages students to build a strong voice in making decisions for the group with each year differing based on the students’ developmental stages and interests. NorthStar also connects students with caring adult mentors through volunteer opportunities, outdoor adventures, academic assistance, group meetings. This program is free to SAD#44 students and would not be possible without the support of our community. Thank you for giving!
Make a gift today
Your support will help to ensure a bright future for Maine’s outdoor heritage and traditions.
Please click here if you are an organization or individual looking for more information on becoming a regular sponsor:
Sponsor a Camper!
Over 60% of the young people (and teachers) who attend the University of Maine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond use either full or partial scholarship support.
University of Maine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond is a program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine State 4-H Foundation.