Growing Fruit Trees: Guides and Publications
Whether starting for the first time or in the tree fruit business for many years, these resources are designed to guide growers in determining knowledge gaps and skills that may be gained to be more successful in tree fruit production.
The purpose of these links is to provide the home orchardist with the knowledge to successfully grow fruit trees under the conditions that exist in Maine.
- Farmer Skill and Knowledge Checklist for Tree Fruit Growers in Maine
- Growing Fruit Trees in Maine
- A Guide to Harvest and Storage of Fruit Trees in Maine
- Planting and Early Care of Fruit Trees
- Growing Fruit Trees in Maine, 2nd Edition
- Tree Fruit Field Guide to Insect, Mite, and Disease Pests and Natural Enemies of Eastern North America
- Renovating Old Apple Trees
If you would like to know more about tree fruit production or other types of gardening, please contact the University of Maine Cooperative Extension or the Highmoor Farm or visit the UMaine Extension website.