Selected Readings and Content
UMaine Extension Bulletins
- Plant Propagation in Maine, Bulletin #2410
- An Introduction to Seed Saving for the Home Gardener, Bulletin #2750
- Starting Seeds at Home, Bulletin #2751
UMaine Extension Videos
- Maine Vegetable Gardening: Keep Your Garden Growing — Plant from Spring to Fall
- Planting Chart for the Home Vegetable Garden — When to plant in Maine: earliest and latest safe dates.
- Starting Seeds at Home: You can get a big jump on Maine’s short gardening season when you grow your own seedlings. Instead of waiting for the ground to warm up enough to sow seeds outside, start enjoying flowers and harvesting vegetables four to six weeks earlier by starting seeds at home.
- How to Build a Seedling Light Stand: video and plans for building a seed stand; includes diagram and materials list (PDF)
- MOFGA fact sheets — Look for
- Soil-less Mixes for Vegetable Seedling Production