- Merit-based college scholarships are available to past and present members of Hancock County 4-H thanks to the generous support of the Hancock County 4-H Leaders Association. Recipients must complete an application, submit all required paperwork, and meet merit-based criteria in order to be eligible for a scholarship, which may vary in amount up to $750. Download an application and submit it to the Extension Office.
Deadline to apply: Monday, April 1st, 2024. (PDF).
- Our Hancock County Extension Homemakers group is accepting scholarship applications for the 2024 academic year. A scholarship in the amount of $400 will be awarded to a deserving Hancock County senior who will be
enrolling full-time in a college or school. Application forms can be obtained at your local High School Guidance Office or download an application and submit it to the Extension Office. Deadline to apply: Friday, April 5th, 2024. (PDF).
There are a variety of ways to fund your 4-H Camp & Learning Center experience:
- Hancock County 4-H offers several scholarships each year for youth from Hancock County, contact 4-H Staff for details.
- Maine 4-H Foundation offers camp scholarships for enrolled 4-H members only
- Financial Assistance is also available directly from the 4-H Camp & Learning Centers: Tanglewood/Blueberry Cove and Bryant Pond
Thanks to fundraising efforts through the Paper Clover Campaign in partnership with Tractor Supply Company, Hancock County 4-H is able to offer youth members scholarships for Leadership Opportunities. These funds are used to support a variety of leadership experiences from Robotics Competition Junior Leaders, to support for a National 4-H Trip or Summit, to a local community leadership project.
Please contact 4-H Staff if you are interested in discussing how these funds can be used to support your leadership experiences.
4-H Foundation Scholarships
Maine 4-H is proud to offer scholarships to youth of all ages, but our due date for post-secondary education scholarships is rapidly approaching. Check out the list of available scholarships and the application form on the Maine 4-H Foundation website. Deadlines: March 4, 2024, to local UMaine Extension county office by email; March 11, 2024, by email documents to the Maine 4-H Foundation.