Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis, so early registration can be important if you are interested in a specific program or week of camp. If your chosen camp session is full, you may elect to be added to a waiting list.
- Online registration (& payments on existing registrations): This is a brand new registration system (4/28/17) so you will need to set up a new log in even if you have set up registration accounts with us before!
The transition from our old database to this new system is not 100% complete so if you have already registered and sign into this account, your registration dates and options should be accurate but your fees and payments may not be updated yet – please be patient but feel free to call the office with any questions or concerns (207.789.5868).
This new system will allow you to:
- register for all our camp programs
- apply for scholarship (as part of the registration process)
- make payments (and see previous payments whether they were made through this system, in the old system or by check)
- complete all required forms!!
- add other users to your account as emergency contacts, authorized to pick up your children or make payments on your account!
- Download a Registration Form (PDF) for our Summer Camp programs that can be mailed or faxed. Once received by the office, this information will get entered into the online system above so you can still log in later to make payments or changes.
- Click here to make a payment if you are trying to pay for camper that is not part of your online account, otherwise please use the online registration link above.
- We also have an online camp store where you can purchase a tote bag, last year’s t-shirts or reserve a t-shirt for next year!
You can afford summer camp!
Maine families may apply for a scholarship (part of the registration form) towards the fees for one program session each year. We try to help as many people as we can each year and scholarships are given based upon family need together with the availability of scholarship funds on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship priority is given to those Maine families with Adjusted Gross Incomes less than $40,000 per year, although all applications and circumstances will be considered. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship please complete the scholarship section when you register for camp.
4-H Members: Maine 4-H members planning to attend residential camp at Blueberry Cove, Bryant Pond or Tanglewood can apply for a scholarship from the Maine 4-H Foundation by emailing email@example.com with their name, contact information, the 4-H camp you plan to attend and the dates of attendance, and a brief paragraph about your 4-H experiences. 4-H scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis — up to $200 for a one-week residential program or up to $400 for a multi-week residential program.
If a camp session is fully enrolled, you may elect to be placed on a waiting list in case places become available. The list is compiled in order of the date we receive registrations.
As soon as places become available we will contact you to see if you are still interested in coming to camp. Please be aware that availability can change on short notice.
A deposit is not required to be on the waiting list. If you have already paid the deposit and do not get into camp, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Payment can be in the form of a check in the mail or via credit card (Mastercard, Discover or Visa) through the registration or payment links above. If you wish you may pay in installments, so long as full payment is received by June 1st or at least 2 weeks prior to the start of your session.
Please call Patti at 207.789.5868 if you need to discuss payment arrangements.
Checks should be made payable to “UMaine Tanglewood 4-H Camp.”
Cancellations and Refunds
$50 is non-refundable, except if your child is placed on the waiting list. The balance of the tuition paid may be refunded providing the following conditions are met:
- The Tanglewood/Blueberry Cove office is informed of your cancellation 30 days in advance of the start of the session.
- The refund is requested in writing by the parent or payee.