Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis, so early registration can be important if you are interested in a specific program or week of camp. If your chosen camp session is full, you may elect to be added to a waiting list.
- Online registration: Monday, April 24, 2017: registration as been temporarily suspended while we transition to a new registration system! Please check back at the end of the week! Please call the office at 207.789.5868 if you have any questions in the meantime. The new system will allow you to:
- register for all our camp programs
- make payments (and see previous payments whether they were made online or by check)
- complete all required!
- Download a Registration Form (PDF) for our Summer Camp programs that can be mailed or faxed – * temporarily suspended while we transition to a new registration database.*
- Click here to make a payment. You can make payments on any balance (program or rental) on this site regardless of how you actually register.
- We also have an online camp store where you can purchase a tote bag, last year’s t-shirts or reserve a t-shirt for next year!
You can afford summer camp!
Maine families may apply for a scholarship (part of the registration form) towards the fees for one program session each year. We try to help as many people as we can each year and scholarships are given based upon family need together with the availability of scholarship funds on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship priority is given to those Maine families with Adjusted Gross Incomes less than $40,000 per year, although all applications and circumstances will be considered. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship please complete the scholarship section when you register for camp.
4-H Members: Maine 4-H members planning to attend residential camp at Blueberry Cove, Bryant Pond or Tanglewood can apply for a scholarship from the Maine 4-H Foundation by emailing email@example.com with their name, contact information, the 4-H camp you plan to attend and the dates of attendance, and a brief paragraph about your 4-H experiences. 4-H scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis — $200 for a one-week residential program or $400 for a multi-week residential program.
If a camp session is fully enrolled, you may elect to be placed on a waiting list in case places become available. The list is compiled in order of the date we receive registrations.
As soon as places become available we will contact you to see if you are still interested in coming to camp. Please be aware that availability can change on short notice.
A deposit is not required to be on the waiting list. If you have already paid the deposit and do not get into camp, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Payment can be in the form of a check in the mail or via credit card (Mastercard, Discover or Visa) on our website after you have registered online or by paper. If you wish you may pay in installments, so long as full payment is received by June 1st or at least 2 weeks prior to the start of your session.
Checks should be made payable to “UMaine Tanglewood 4-H Camp.”
Cancellations and Refunds
$50 is non-refundable, except if your child is placed on the waiting list. The balance of the tuition paid may be refunded providing the following conditions are met:
- The Tanglewood/Blueberry Cove office is informed of your cancellation 30 days in advance of the start of the session.
- The refund is requested in writing by the parent or payee.