Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis, so early registration can be important if you are interested in a specific program or week of camp. If your chosen camp session is full, you may elect to be added to a waiting list.
- Online registration (& payments on existing registrations): This was a brand new registration system as of April 2017. If you have sent campers in the past but not since the new system, please contact the office about logging in!
If you have used the new system, your login information will be the same but please contact Patti at 207.789.5868 if you have any trouble.
This system will allow you to:
- register for all our camp programs
- apply for scholarship (as part of the registration process)
- make payments (and see previous payments whether they were made through this system, in the old system or by check)
- complete all required forms!!
- add other users to your account as emergency contacts, authorized to pick up your children or make payments on your account!
- Please contact the office if you do not have access to the internet and need paper registration materials.
- Click here to make a payment if you are trying to pay for camper that is not part of your online account, otherwise please use the online registration link above.
- We also have an online camp store where you can purchase tote bags, t-shirts or a sweatshirts!
You can afford summer camp!
Maine families may apply for a scholarship (part of the registration form) towards the fees for one program session each year. We try to help as many campers as we can each year and scholarships are given based upon family need together with the availability of scholarship funds on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship priority is given to those Maine families with Adjusted Gross Incomes less than $40,000 per year, although all applications and circumstances will be considered. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship please complete the scholarship section when you register for camp.
4-H Members: If you are a 4-H member in Maine, make sure you indicate that on the scholarship application in the registration process. We have funds from the 4-H Foundation set aside specifically for 4-H members attending Tanglewood or Blueberry Cove. You just need to tell us your 4-H affiliation on the form – club name and county.
If a camp session is fully enrolled, you may elect to be placed on a waiting list in case places become available. The list is compiled in order of the date registrations were received.
As soon as places become available, you will receive an email letting you know space has become available and how long the space will be held for you. If you are notified of space and can not get online to register in the allotted time, please contact the office so we can reserve the space for you. Please be aware that availability can change on short notice.
A deposit is not required to be on the waiting list. If you have already paid the deposit and do not get into camp, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Payment can be in the form of a check in the mail or via credit card (Mastercard, Discover or Visa) through the registration or payment links above. If you wish you may pay in installments, so long as full payment is received at least 2 weeks prior to the start of your session (unless other arrangements have been made with Patti.
Please call Patti at 207.789.5868 if you need to discuss payment arrangements.
Checks should be made payable to “UMaine Tanglewood 4-H Camp.”
Cancellations and Refunds
$50 is non-refundable, except if your child is placed on the waiting list. The balance of the tuition paid may be refunded providing the following conditions are met:
- The Tanglewood/Blueberry Cove office is informed of your cancellation 30 days in advance of the start of the session.
- The refund is requested in writing by the parent or payee.