Young Explorers Day Program
Come learn, play, and grow with Young Explorers
Young Explorers is a nature-based enrichment program designed for curious minds ages 3-5. Each week will explore a different theme and encourage curiosity and wonder about the natural world. Young Explorers will play and grow at beautiful Blueberry Cove alongside our dedicated educators.
Flow of a typical day:
- Animal Enrichment (Feed/Pet/Play with animals)
- Free Explore (Child-Led Activity)
- Challenge of the Day (Instructor-Led Activity)
- Quiet Sit/Nature Observation
Due to the nature of our programming, participants need to be toilet-trained and able to stay with the group. Participants should come with comfortable shoes, a change of clothes, extra layers, and a water bottle. Snack is provided.
- The program begins November 6th, 2023, and runs through the school year
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 AM – 12 PM
- Maximum group size of 8, with two dedicated educators
- Monthly pass: Price will vary based on the days in the month, based on a rate of $30/day.
- Drop-in pass: $35 per visit – you must purchase 5 visits ($175) – you can choose days as needed throughout the year. Please request days at least one week in advance.
- $50 due at registration, the balance can be paid in installments.
Click here to register! If your student has attended another Tanglewood or Blueberry Cove program recently, you will use the same sign-in for this, otherwise, you may need to create an account.
Please contact the office at 207-789-5868 or email@example.com if you need assistance accessing the registration system.
We understand that the cost of quality programming can be a financial burden and want our programs to be accessible to all families.
We have two ways to help lessen the financial burden:
- Flexible payment plans. Automatic payments can be set up in the registration system or you can manually make or send payments on a schedule that fits your budget.
- Apply for financial assistance during the registration process. We will help as many participants as we can on a first-come, first-serve basis taking into consideration family needs and available funds. Priority will be given to families with Adjusted Gross Income less than $40,000 but all applications and circumstances will be considered.
Meet our Team!
Jillianne – B.F.A in Theatre from Young Harris College, M.S. in Outdoor & Environmental Education from Alaska Pacific University (APU). K-8 Teacher Certification from APU with a Praxis concentration in Social Studies. Jillianne has her Wilderness First Responder (including Adult, Child, and Infant CPR), Wilderness Lifeguard, as well as being certified in Safe Crises Management. Learn more about Jillianne here!
Josh – B.A. in Creative Writing with a focus on “nature and place as character”, and a B.S. in Outdoor Leadership from Young Harris College. M.S. in Outdoor & Environmental Education from Alaska Pacific University (APU). K-8 Teacher Certification from APU with a Praxis concentration in English Language Arts. Josh has his Wilderness First Responder (including Adult and Child CPR), Wilderness Lifeguard, and Leave No Trace (LNT) Trainer, as well as being certified in Safe Crisis Management and Maine Hunter Safety. Learn more about Josh here!