4-H in Piscataquis County
4-H is the youth development education program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension. 4-H participants range from ages 5 to 18 and, traditionally, organize themselves into 4-H clubs to support each other as they take on “learn-by-doing” projects. Young people can also become involved in 4-H through 4-H school enrichment programs, 4-H camps, by creating individual 4-H projects of their own, and many other activities. 4-H teaches young people life skills necessary for success in life. For more information about how you can become involved in 4-H, contact us or visit UMaine Extension 4-H
- Adventures in Health Science 4-H SPIN Club
November 2, 2023, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
The students will meet in the Sebec Conference Room at Northern Lights Mayo in Dover-Foxcroft.
- In-Person 4-H Volunteer Training
November 27, 2023, 4:00 – 7:00 P.M.
The Extension Office at 165 East Main St., Dover-Foxcroft
Do you have a skill you want to pass on to today’s youth? Become a 4-H Volunteer!
Please fill out our volunteer application to sign up for this training here
- Piscataquis County 4-H Post-Secondary Scholarship Cover (PDF) (WORD)
- Piscataquis County 4-H Camp/Program Scholarship (PDF) (WORD)
4-H youth around the state have been working hard all year on their projects.
- Piscataquis Valley Fair 2023
- Directions to the Piscataquis Valley Fairgrounds can be found (here)
- AG IS BACK IN 2023 AT THE BANGOR STATE FAIR (2023 Fair Book)
- There will be beef, goat, sheep, and dairy, Old McDonald’s Farm, and the 4-H Exhibit Hall at the Bangor State Fair.