Master Gardener Class Assignment – For February 13, 2019
Hello and Welcome to the Master Gardener Class of 2019!!! We had our first class yesterday. Next week we will focus on Soils Part I and Home Composting.
Here is a link to the Master Gardener Program Policy which we ask you to please review one more time.
This is the page to please BOOKMARK for one-stop shopping for all your York County Master Gardener Forms and Information, including links to the training manual, reporting form, and much more. Our class blogs can now also be found on this page where it says Master Gardener Class Assignments
Here is the link to your Master Gardener Online Manual. Bookmark this site. One of the Pest Management Chapters is password protected. We will email you the password when we get to that point in the training.
Here is the link to the Class Core Competencies you will be achieving in this class:
Reading — Soils Homework
Familiarize yourself with the Soils Chapter of your Online Manual and in particular review:
- Soil and Plant Nutrition a Gardeners Perspective
- Soil Organic Matter
- Using Green Manures — MOFGA Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Natural Sources of Plant Nutrients (PDF)
Reading — Home Composting Homework
Review Links for Seed Starting Information:
- Making Newspaper Pots (PDF)
- Seed Starting at Home
- Making a Seed Starting Stand Video
- PVC Seed Starting Stand Plans (Word). By the way, I forgot to mention all you need to cut the PVC is a hacksaw. It is very easy to cut.
- PVC Seed Starting Plans (PDF)
- Wood Seed Starting Plans (Word)
- Wood Seed Starting Plans (PDF)