Boots-2-Bushels: Boot Camp for Market Gardeners and Farmers
Classes held twice monthly, January 13 – September 20, 2020
Togus VA Medical Center, 1 VA Center, Augusta, Maine
Workshop FULL – Registration Closed
Learn how to go from seed to salary with this FREE course for military veterans interested in growing and selling their own farm produce.
Participants who attend all classes and participate in the growing program will earn a Certificate of Completion and Letter of Recommendation.
Space is limited. Preference will be given to participants who are veterans or veteran family members and who can commit to the entire 30-week program (all 10 classes plus field work during the growing season).
All classes taught by UMaine Extension and MOFGA subject matter experts.
- January 13: Soil Health
- January 27: Crop Planning
- February 10: Small Fruit Production
- February 24: Vegetable Production (Leaf, Cucurbit, and Nightshades)
- March 9: Vegetable Production (Root, Bulb, and Cole Crops)
- March 23: Bookkeeping, Marketing
- April 6: Seedling Production
- April 27: Harvest and Storage
- May 4: Integrated Pest Management
- May 18: Tools and Equipment
- May 25 – September 30: Field Work: Production/Sales