Connect with these state and national agencies that work together to maximize the success of forestry in Maine.
- Small Woodlot Owners Information and Resources.
- Maine Tree Farm Program — The American Tree Farm System is a program for woodland owners who are committed to sustainably managing their woods for wood, water, wildlife, and recreation.
- Maine Forest Service — The Maine Forest Service has 10 District Foresters who provide technical assistance and educational services to landowners, loggers, schools, and educational institutions, municipalities and other stakeholders.
- Professional Logging Contractors of Maine (PLC) — The PLC’s mission to promote logging as a profession, advocate for logging professionals, cultivate responsible forest management, and sustain a strong forest product industry.
- North East Center for Agricultural Health and Safety for Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing
- Certified Logging Professional (CLP) — The CLP program is designed to train and certify loggers in safe, efficient, and environmentally sound logging practices.
- PLC Safety Page — Policies and resources from Professional Logging Contractors of Maine.
- Logging Safety Tips from the National Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation.
- SafetyWorks! Maine Department of Labor SafetyWorks! can help you prevent work-related injuries, illnesses, and deaths and reduce related costs.
- Work Safe BC — Canada’s Safety at Work Centre for the forestry industry, your online resource to help prevent accidents and injuries.