University of Maine Cooperative Extension provides practical, how-to solutions based on university research. Whether you attend our workshops, use our publications, read something in the newspaper, or hear it on the radio, UMaine Extension information is where you are.
Our gardening and horticulture experts conduct field research and provide information and consultation for people involved in
- commercial horticulture (nurseries, landscape companies, greenhouses, florists, and garden centers)
- public horticulture (botanic gardens, arboreta, public parks, and community horticulture projects)
- home gardening
If You Need a Plant Identified
Bring a sample to your local UMaine Extension county office or fill out our online Gardening Questions Submission Form.
Dr. Matthew Wallhead
Extension Ornamental Horticulture Specialist and Assistant Professor of Horticulture
Related Programs and Resources
- Crazy/Jumping/Snake (Amynthas) Worms in Maine (Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry)
- Pesticide Applicator Training (managed through the Department of Agriculture in Augusta)
- Master Gardener Volunteers
- Maine Invasive Species Network
- University of Maine Environmental Horticulture