Interested participants should RSVP to Catherine Lookabaugh
1:00 pm – Introduction and Welcome: Sarah Strickland
1:05 pm – Charles Rudelitch: “Why are we here today?”
1:15 pm – NHA presentation: Peter Samuel – NHA Northeast Region Program Manager
1:45 pm – “How the Physical Downeast Landscape Influences Our Communities’ Way of Life”
-Dr. Joseph Kelley, University of Maine – Orono 2:15 pm – Refreshment Break
2:30 pm – Breakout Groups: What is the Downeast Story? – Bob Wood and Colin Brown
- First Session: What best defines this place?
- Look to the first four NHA criterion for a road map.
- Second Session: What are the defining human interactions with this place?
- Community, landscape, industry, history, heritage, recreation, etc…
- Third Session: What are the unique natural, cultural, historic, and scenic features of this place? How are they important to the nation?
Your job – Turn your breakout group ideas into an NHA concept for Downeast Maine!
3:45 pm – Breakout Group Delivery: Present your group’s NHA concept 4:30 pm – Steps Moving Forward
4:30 pm – Steps Moving Forward