CCEA Pie Bake-Off
2023 Cumberland County Extension Association Pie Bake-Off Contest
The Cumberland County Extension Association (CCEA) hosts an annual Pie Bake-Off Contest sponsored by King Arthur Baking Company as part of our Annual Meeting.
2023 Entries were taken at the Cumberland County Open House and Annual Meeting, September 6th, at the UMaine Gardens at Tidewater Farm in Falmouth from 5:00 to 5:30 PM.
- Exhibitor must use King Arthur Baking Company flour and bring the opened bag of King Arthur flour, a UPC label from the flour bag, or a receipt showing proof of purchase when submitting the entry.
- A recipe must accompany all pies.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- Only homemade 1 crust or 2 crust pies will be judged.
- Pies too hot to cut will not be judged.
- Pies should feature local ingredients that are identified in the recipe.
Entries were accepted through September 5th, 2023 by calling 207.781.6099, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by arriving at the gardens between 5:00 – 5:30PM on September 6th.
Pies were judged as follows:
- Recipe Card: Judged on neatness, listed ingredients, and directions are reflective of the pie: 5 points
- Overall Appearance: 15 points
- Crust: 30 points
- Filling: 30 points
- Use of Local Foods (Identified in Recipe): 20 points
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE RETURN OF YOUR PIE PAN.
2023 Annual Meeting Pie Contest Prizes Furnished by King Arthur Baking Company
- 1st place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurbaking.com
- 2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurbaking.com
- 3rd place: $25 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurbaking.com