100% Whole Grain Tortilla
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: 100% Whole Grain Tortilla (PDF)
Makes 6 servings | Serving size: 1 tortilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup instant nonfat dry milk
½ Tablespoon baking powder
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons warm water
Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine flour, nonfat dry milk powder, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well with fingertips.
- Add water slowly to the mixture using one hand for mixing to work into dough.
- Lay out on a clean cloth. Divide dough into 6 medium sized balls and roll out each ball until round, flat and thin on the clean cloth.
- Spray pan with vegetable cooking spray. Cook on moderately hot pan, turning each side until lightly browned.
- To reheat the tortillas: put one tortilla on a plate and cover it with a damp paper towel, microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Recommend storing homemade tortillas in the refrigerator in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag, this will help them last longer.