Jumpstart to Farm Food Safety with Extension
Welcome to Jumpstart to Farm Food Safety with Extension!
Interested in writing your farm food safety plan but don’t know where to start? We can help!
University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the University of New Hampshire have partnered on a three-year grant to assist fruit and vegetable farmers in Maine and New Hampshire with farm food safety planning. The project will fund an Extension educator, trained in Produce Safety, to work with you individually on your farm food safety plan.
We can provide assistance with
- starting or continuing work on your farm food safety plan
- suggestions on designing a safer and more efficient wash/pack area
- writing, reviewing, or improving SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- staff training in health and hygiene
- drawing a farm map or irrigation map
- other farm food safety concerns you may have
Whatever you need to improve food safety on your farm.
If you choose, we will visit your farm to help you to assess the food safety risks and how to decrease or eliminate them if possible.