Alphabet Soup Mix
Alphabet Soup Mix Printable Gift Tag (PDF)
Recommend printing at actual size (4.25 x 5.5 inches)
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
Creating the Mix:
1 ¼ cups uncooked alphabet pasta
2 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes
1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup small fish-shaped or cheese crackers
- Use a pint-sized wide-mouth jar.
- Divide pasta and layer half of the pasta, vegetable flakes, bouillon granules, pepper, and remaining pasta in the jar.
- Place crackers in a small food storage bag. Squeeze out air and seal.
- Add a bag of crackers to the jar and cover the jar with a lid.
- Attach gift tag instructions for the final product.
Note: Use the mix within 6 months.
Cooking the Recipe:
1 jar Alphabet Soup Mix
4 cups water
¼ cup tomato sauce
- Remove crackers from the jar; set aside.
- Place water, tomato sauce, and contents of jar into a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, uncovered, or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with crackers.
- One cup of frozen vegetables may be added during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.