Baked Apple Crisp
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Baked Apple Crisp (PDF)
Makes 12 servings
8 cups unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced apples (about 8 medium apples)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (use 1/2 at a time)
1 ½ cups applesauce, unsweetened
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup evaporated skim milk
1 cup vanilla yogurt, nonfat
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a two-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, and lemon juice. Place apples into casserole dish and spread the applesauce over the apples.
- Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, evaporated milk, and the other 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Layer rolled oat mixture on top of the apples in casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly. Cool slightly, but serve while warm with the topping of vanilla yogurt.