Bean Banana Bread
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Bean Banana Bread (PDF)
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 slice
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup white beans, cooked and mashed or pureed
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
(optional) 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
(optional) 1⁄4 cup chopped raisins or nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease or spray a 9×5” loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, eggs, mashed/pureed beans, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine flour and banana mixture together, mix until combined.
- Add raisins or nuts if you want. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 60 minutes. Poke a toothpick in the center of the bread to check for doneness, if the toothpick comes out clean remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Put whole bananas in the freezer, if they are dark and spotted. Thaw, peel, and mash them when you are ready to make banana bread.
- Store the bread in the refrigerator.