Black Bean Burgers
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Black Bean Burgers (PDF)
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 patty
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup onion minced or 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash drained and rinsed black beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir mashed beans, egg, bread crumbs, dried onion, garlic powder, and oil together until combined.
- Shape into 4 equal-sized patties, then wash hands.
- Bake patties for 10-15 minutes, flip patties halfway through.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place baked patties in the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook patties for 5 minutes on the first side, then flip patties and cook for 5 more minutes on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings