1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 pound cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
1 apple, thinly sliced
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Sauté the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and apple and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the pepper, brown sugar, water and vinegar.
- Add this mixture to the cabbage mixture and cook, covered, over low heat for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Serve the cabbage hot or cold.