Cabbage with Herb Butter
1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds) cut into wedges
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup minced chives
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, chives, onions, parsley, lemon juice and thyme.
- Drain cabbage and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with the herb butter and sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 8 servings