Cabbage with Herb Butter
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Cabbage with Herb Butter (PDF)
Serves: 12 | Serving size: 1 piece
1 medium head green cabbage, cut into wedges
1/2 cup butter or butter substitute, melted
1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove the dark loose leaves around the cabbage and cut them into about 12 wedges.
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Drain the cabbage and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with the herb butter and sprinkle with cheese.