Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Carrot Bread (PDF)
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 large carrots (1 cup mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and chop 3 large carrots
- Place chopped carrots in a pot over medium-high heat with about 2 cups of water, and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove carrots from water and mash in a separate dish.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs, and mix in sugar, oil, and mashed carrots.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture with the carrot mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5″ inch loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Mix in ½ cup raisins or cranberries after step #7.