Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Carrot Cookies (PDF)
Makes 3 dozen cookies | Serving size: 1 cookie
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3-4 Tablespoons skim or 1% milk
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup raisins
1 cup Grape Nuts or similar cereal
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Combine with butter mixture.
- Add milk and beat together to form a soft batter.
- Stir in oats, carrots, raisins, and cereal. Mix well. Add more milk if needed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on a lightly greased baking sheet OR a non-stick baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before serving.