Serves: 10 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
1 1/2 pounds of carrots, ~6-8 medium carrots (it’s fun to use rainbow carrots in shades of yellow, white, orange, and red)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash carrots well to remove dirt
- Cut carrots into 3-inch strips, or “coins” if you want to call them carrot chips
- Place carrots, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Place carrots on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning carrots after the first 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
For a different taste sensation try cardamom or cinnamon instead of cumin or another spice, herb, or seasoning. Have the children do a naming contest for their favorite variety, such as Cardamom Carrot Crunchies. This is a fabulous activity to teach children about marketing while also engaging them in healthier food choices!