Carrot Leek Soup
1 medium leek, thinly sliced and soaked in water to remove sand
4 teaspoons margarine
6 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) low sodium chicken broth
2 cups skim milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté leek in margarine until tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables from heat and put into a blender or food processor.
- Add enough cooking liquid to cover, blend until smooth and return to pan.
- Stir in milk and pepper and heat through.