Chicken, Corn, and Rice Casserole
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup
1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
2 cups frozen corn
1 can (12.5 ounces) chicken breast
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chili peppers
1 container (5.3 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded cheese
6 tablespoons salsa, divided
- Cook instant brown rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a casserole dish or 8×8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Thaw corn in the microwave.
- Drain the water off the chicken breast. Use a fork to shred the chicken breast.
- Combine rice, corn, chicken, chili peppers, yogurt and shredded cheese in a medium bowl.
- Scoop mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes until heated through to 165°F.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Make this a meatless dish by substituting beans for chicken. Add spice by using pepper jack cheese.