Chicken Noodle Soup
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Chicken Noodle Soup (PDF)
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
1 tablespoon oil, vegetable, canola or olive
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 onion)
2 cups sliced carrots (about 3 carrots)
1⁄2 cup chopped celery (about 2 ribs)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sage
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon thyme
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced (about 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken)
6 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups whole grain egg noodles, cooked
- Place a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots and sauté for about 7-10 minutes or until vegetables began to soften.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Add cooked shredded/diced chicken and stir.
- Add broth and bring to a gentle boil, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked egg noodles, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Any boneless/skinless chicken part may be used for this recipe.
- Turkey can also be used instead of chicken.
- 2 cups of any cooked grain can be used instead of whole grain egg noodles (your favorite pasta, gluten-free pasta, rice, etc.)
- Soup freezes well. Make ahead and freeze for a cold or sick day.