Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Corn Bread (PDF)
Serves: 24 | Serving Size: 2”x2” slice
2 eggs, beaten
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 cup oil, vegetable or canola
1 1⁄2 cups low fat or nonfat milk (or reconstituted nonfat dry milk)
Vegetable oil or spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl,
- Mix in sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add oil, milk, and egg mixture to flour mixture and mix.
- Pour into a lightly oiled or sprayed baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 can corn, drained, 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper, 1 can chopped green chilies, or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese.