Curried Carrot Soup
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Curried Carrot Soup (PDF)
Serves: 4 | Serving size: 1 ½ cups
2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
4 cups chicken/vegetable broth or water with bouillon cube
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Add carrots, broth, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and mash well with a potato masher or blend in a blender until smooth.
- Pour blended soup back into a pot or saucepan, reheat until hot. Serve hot.