Easy Cauliflower and Broccoli
Serves: 8 | Serving size: 1/2 cup
4 cups of cut cauliflower florets
4 cups of cut broccoli florets
1/2 cup of water
4 ounces of fat-free cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup of plain lowfat yogurt
1⁄4 cup of skim or 1% milk
11⁄2 cups of shredded, reduced-fat, sharp cheddar cheese
10 crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower. Cut the florets into small bite-size pieces.
- Place the vegetables and 1⁄2 cup of water in a large skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid and allow the vegetables to steam over high heat for 3 minutes or until they are tender.
- Add milk to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and then to the skillet. Allow the cream cheese to melt. Stir it occasionally.
- Add the yogurt to the skillet and stir.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the vegetables and let it melt.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the mixture over the vegetables.