Easy Gluten-Free Gravy
Serves: 12 | Serving size: ¼ cup
1 quart or 4 cups low sodium poultry or vegetable stock or broth
1-1.5 Tablespoons cornstarch
*Optional: Salt and pepper to taste
*Optional seasoning ideas: Bell’s poultry seasoning, rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat bring the broth/stock to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with just enough water to form a gel/slurry.
- Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the simmering broth and stir frequently until it returns to a simmer.
- Cook at a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust thickness with additional cornstarch slurry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Optionally you can add fresh chopped or dry herbs.