Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Egg Bites (PDF)
Makes 6 servings | Serving size: 1 Egg Bite with English Muffin
6 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
(Optional) 1/2 cup – 1 cup vegetables, diced (onions, peppers, broccoli, spinach, mushroom)
6 English muffins
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, pepper, and salt.
- (Optional) mix in diced vegetables.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish or into 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cut eggs into six even squares.
- Toast the English muffins in a toaster or on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place one egg bite onto an English muffin.
- If freezing the egg bites: wrap each egg bite in parchment paper, place them in a freezer-grade container or freezer bag, and label it with the date frozen and the name of the food.
- Reheating: unwrap the frozen egg bite, place the egg bite on a microwave-safe plate with a paper towel under it to catch the excess liquid, and reheat for 1 to 1:30 minutes. Place egg bite on a toast English muffin.
Note: Nutrition facts label is based on the recipe without the added vegetables.