Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Fried Rice (PDF)
Serves: 7 | Serving Size: 1 cup
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups cooked rice
1-1/2 cups frozen peas or mixed frozen peas and carrots
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, sauté onions, ginger, and garlic until fragrant.
- Add eggs, and scramble.
- Stir in rice, peas, and soy sauce.
- Continue to stir over low heat for 5-6 minutes and serve hot.
- Fresh diced carrots, peppers, and celery can also be added in step #2.