Gingerbread Cookie Mix
Gingerbread Cookie Mix Printable Gift Tag (PDF)
Recommend printing at actual size (4.25 x 5.5 inches)
Makes 24 servings | Serving size: 1 cookie
Creating the Mix:
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Use a quart-sized wide-mouth jar.
- Mix 2 cups of flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix remaining 1 ½ cups flour with the spices.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar starting with the flour and baking powder mixture, followed by the brown sugar and ending with the flour and spice mixture.
- Attach gift tag instructions for the final product.
Note: Use the mix within 6 months.
Cooking the Recipe:
1 jar Gingerbread Cookie Mix
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add softened butter, molasses, and egg. Mix completely until well blended. The dough will be very stiff.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Decorate as desired.