Gluten Free Pancakes
Makes 12, 3-inch pancakes
1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
2 Tablespoons sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 to 1¼ cups skim milk
Non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together gluten free flour mix, sugar and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl beat egg. Add oil and 1 cup of milk and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix. Mixture will be thick and lumpy. Add up to ¼ cup more skim milk if you would like a thinner batter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into pan, using the back of the spoon to spread the batter around.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and until surface of pancakes have some bubbles, and some have burst. Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until browned on the bottom – about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.