Hearty Mixed Greens
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
4 cups collard greens
4 cups Swiss chard
8 cups spinach
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped basil
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash all greens. Place the collards in a large steamer over boiling water. Steam 2 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard and steam 2 minutes more.
- Add the spinach and steam 4 more minutes.
- When tender turn greens out into a sieve and squeeze out the excess liquid with the back of a wooden spoon. Chop all greens.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, chili powder, and lemon juice in a large skillet and heat until warm.
- Add the chopped greens and salt, and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately while the greens are still bright and beautiful.