Hot Cocoa Convenience Mix
For more homemade convenience mixes, see Bulletin #4029, Saving Money With Homemade Convenience Mixes.
Makes: 2½ cups of mix | Serving Size: 4 Tbsp. (¼ cup) of mix
2/3 cup white sugar
1-1/2 cups dry nonfat milk powder
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add sugar and dry nonfat milk powder into a mixing bowl.
- Sift cocoa powder into the same bowl.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
- To use, bring 1 cup of water (8 oz.) to boil in a saucepan, mix in 4 tablespoons of hot cocoa convenience mix and stir well.
- This hot cocoa mix more closely resembles dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate sweetness.
- To increase sweetness, try adding 1 tsp. of sugar, mini marshmallows, your favorite creamer, or whipped cream right before drinking.
- Store hot cocoa mix in an airtight container at room temperature and use within 2 months.