Low-Fat Lemon Yogurt Muffins
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Low-Fat Lemon Yogurt Muffins (PDF)
Makes 12 servings | Serving size: 1 muffin
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 large eggs
1½ cups nonfat plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, eggs, yogurt and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter between 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
*Moister than most muffins. You may want to refrigerate them after they have cooled.
Use nonfat lemon yogurt for a stronger lemon flavor.