Make-ahead Mexican Rollups
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Make-ahead Mexican Rollups (PDF)
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 rollup
1 can (15 ounce) beans (black, pinto, chili, etc)
2 cups frozen corn
3 cups brown rice, cooked according to package directions
2 cups cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack, or hot pepper) shredded
1 cup salsa
12 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Place beans in a colander and rinse to reduce sodium. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Thaw frozen corn in the microwave. Drain and add to the bowl.
- Stir in rice, cheese, and salsa.
- Spoon 1⁄2 cup filling on each tortilla and roll up.
- Wrap each burrito tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Seal wrapped burritos in a freezer bag when they are frozen.
- To reheat frozen burritos: Remove the plastic wrap. Wrap burrito in a damp paper towel. Set microwave on medium power. Heat burrito for 3-4 minutes.
You can serve this filling mixture on lettuce, kale, or spinach for a salad, or use as a dip.