Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Micro-Scalloped Potatoes (PDF)
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons soft butter
1/4 cup grated low-fat Swiss cheese
1 cup fat-free milk
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish (microwavable).
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potatoes. Dot with some (about ⅓) of the butter. Sprinkle with part of the flour, salt, and pepper. Repeat layering until all potatoes are used, about 2–3 layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over top layer; pour milk over potatoes. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, tightly cover so plastic wrap doesn’t touch food, then lift one corner to allow ventilation.
- Microwave on high for 10–12 minutes.
- Place under broiler 2–3 minutes to brown.