Minestrone Bean Soup Mix
Minestrone Bean Soup Mix Printable Gift Tag (PDF)
Recommend printing at actual size (4.25 x 5.5 inches)
Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
Creating the Mix:
½ cup brown rice
¼ cup dried red kidney beans
¼ cup dried Great Northern beans
¼ cup dried Yellow Eye beans
¼ cup dried split peas
1 cup macaroni or other small pasta
1 tablespoon onion flakes 1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a quart-sized jar, place the first 5 ingredients for the soup mix in layers.
- In a separate plastic bag place the macaroni; squeeze out all air and seal.
- In a separate plastic bag, place the seasoning mix.
- Squeeze all air out of the bag and seal.
- Place the bag of pasta on top of the rice and bean layers; add the bag of spices on top and cover the jar with a lid.
- Attach gift tag instructions for the final product.
Note: Use the mix within 6 months.
Cooking the Recipe:
1 jar Minestrone Soup Mix
4 cups low-sodium beef or chicken stock
4 celery stalks, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
4 cups canned tomatoes
6 cups water
- Remove spice and pasta bags from the jar of beans.
- Wash and pick over beans.
- Put soup mix and water into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 1 hour. (this is the way to “jump-start” beans so you don’t have to soak them overnight).
- Add other ingredients, except macaroni, and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 2 hours or until all the ingredients are tender.
- Add macaroni and cook for 30 minutes. If the soup seems too thick, add extra water.