Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Oven-Fried Fish Fillets (PDF)
Makes 6 servings | Serving size: 4-5 ounces
2 pounds fish fillets, fresh or frozen
½ cup evaporated skim milk*
½ teaspoon salt
Cereal flakes to make 1½ cups crumbs
2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Thaw fish if it is frozen, and cut into serving-size pieces.
- Crush cereal into crumbs by putting flakes in a plastic bag and rolling with a rolling pin. Place cereal crumbs on a plate.
- Combine evaporated skim milk and salt. Dip fish in milk.
- Take fish from milk and dredge in cereal crumbs.
- Put fish on a greased baking dish, skin side down. Drizzle remaining oil over fish.
- Bake in hot oven, 450°F, for 12-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
* Refrigerate remaining evaporated milk. Use within two days in quick bread, pancakes, soup, sauce, or chowder.