Oven Fried Fish Wrap
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 1 wrap
2 pounds fish fillets, fresh or frozen
1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Cereal flakes to make 11⁄2 cups crumbs
2 Tablespoons canola oil
6 (10-inch) white or wheat soft tortillas
3 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 cup chopped lettuce
2 medium tomatoes (about 1 cup chopped)
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup lowfat, shredded, cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Thaw fish, if it is frozen, and cut into serving-size pieces.
- Crush cereal into crumbs by putting flakes in a plastic bag and rolling with a rolling pin. Place cereal crumbs on a plate.
- Combine evaporated skim milk and salt. Dip fish in milk.
- Take fish from milk and dredge in cereal crumbs.
- Put fish on a greased baking dish, skin side down. Drizzle remaining oil over fish.
- Bake in hot oven, 450°F, for 12-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spread 1⁄2 teaspoon of mayonnaise on each tortilla.
- Next place a small piece of fish on each tortilla and add some lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cheddar cheese.
- Wrap the tortilla by folding up the bottom side first and then each side toward the center.
Add your favorite vegetables by selecting colorful choices (spinach, cabbage, peppers, onions, tomatoes). Select different types of cheeses, meats, fish, shrimp, or salmon.