Pasta with Garlic Spinach and White Beans
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Pasta with Garlic Spinach and White Beans (PDF)
Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
1 pound whole wheat pasta
1/4 cup oil, canola or olive
4-6 cloves garlic (2-3 teaspoons), minced
5 cups baby spinach
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
(optional) 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well, and transfer back into the pot.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the oil and add the minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring a few times.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add drained and rinsed cannellini beans, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- Add drained pasta to the pan and stir.
- (Optional) turn the heat off, add Parmesan cheese, and stir together.
- Substitute whole wheat pasta with gluten-free or bean pasta.
- Substitute beans with cooked chicken or lean ground meat.