Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Pumpkin Muffins (PDF)
Serves: 30 | Serving Size: 1 muffin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1⁄4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1⁄2 cup vegetable/canola oil
1⁄2 cup water
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins for 30 muffins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix both flours, non-fat dry milk, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a second bowl, beat pumpkin, applesauce, oil, eggs, and water until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir with a spoon just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack and remove from pans after 10 minutes.
- If not eaten right away, wrap the muffins in foil or a plastic bag and store in the freezer.