Quick and Easy Chicken with Dumplings
Makes 6 servings
1 teaspoon butter
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 small green pepper, chopped
1 (10.5 ounce) can mushroom soup
1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken breast, cut into pieces
1 package frozen peas (10 ounce)
1 can refrigerator biscuits (8 ounce)
1 teaspoon parsley
- Combine butter, onion, and green pepper in a 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, venting a corner, and cook on HIGH for 5-6 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in frozen peas, and cook on HIGH for 5-6 minutes, stirring once.
- Add soup and cooked chicken; arrange biscuits on top in a ring. Sprinkle with parsley. Microwave uncovered for 3-4 minutes, turning dish ¼ turn halfway through cooking.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh broccoli, cooked until tender-crisp.