Quick and Easy Macaroni and Cheese
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Quick and Easy Macaroni and Cheese (PDF)
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni or other similar pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups grated cheese, a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack or other cheeses (use part low-fat cheese)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour. Cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Add milk. Cook until thickened and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese. Cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Add macaroni. Mix well.