Ramen Noodle Skillet
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Ramen Noodle Skillet (PDF)
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1-1/4 cup
2 teaspoons oil (canola or vegetable)
1 cup onion, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
1 carrot, chopped or sliced into small pieces
2 cups frozen broccoli stir fry vegetable mixture, thawed
2 cups cooked meat, poultry, or tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 package (3 ounces) beef or chicken flavored instant ramen noodles, broken into pieces (discard seasoning packet)
Homemade ramen seasoning (see below)
2 cups sodium-free broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
Homemade Ramen Seasoning
(For a healthier option, make your own homemade seasoning. Use the ingredients below instead of the enclosed seasoning packet that comes with the ramen noodles.)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and carrots and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Thaw the broccoli mixture in the microwave and drain.
- Add the broccoli mixture and cooked meat, poultry, or tofu to the skillet. Stir and heat (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the homemade ramen seasoning to the broth and stir into the skillet.
- Break apart the ramen noodles. Add to the skillet when the broth simmers. Stir to moisten the noodles.
- Cover the skillet and cook until done (about 2 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Substitute 1 pound of ground beef or turkey to yield 2 cups of meat.
- Speed up this recipe by using leftover meat and vegetables.
- The nutrition facts label is based on using skinless, boneless chicken breast as the protein source.