Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Ratatouille (PDF)
Serves 6 | Serving size: 1 cup
3 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1-inch thick half circles
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: top with basil
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, zucchini, pepper, eggplant, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Optional: top with basil for additional flavor.
- This dish can be eaten as a side dish or as a main dish. Recommend pairing it with a whole grain, such as pasta, rice, or quinoa.