Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Roasted Cabbage Steaks (PDF)
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 1 piece
1 head of green cabbage, sliced into 1/2 inch thick steaks (about 6)
2 tablespoons oil, canola or olive
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the dark loose leaves around the cabbage, then cut the bottom so the end is flat. With the flat end on the cutting board, slice the cabbage from top to bottom into ½-inch-thick steaks.
- Brush each steak with oil on both sides and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder over each steak.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until caramelized.